Wednesday 10 July 2013

Camp NaNoWriMo!


    This July is the summer session of Camp NaNoWriMo and I am participating! For those unfamiliar with NaNoWriMo, it is a website encouraging novelists to write 50,000 words over the month of November. During April and July, they hold a more relaxed session where you can set your own word count, meet other writers in your own cabin as well as many other camp-fire activities. It's really fun and rewarding.

   I completed NaNoWriMo last November and, although I felt like giving up towards the end when illness struck, I finished with an hour left to spare and was over the moon. Really, writing 50,000 words (even though it was most likely dribble with no editing or re-reading...) in a month is a great feeling. I'd recommend you all try it :)

   It's not too late to enter this July session. The weather is hot and you may be tempted to avoid it but the encouragement you gain and the results are immense. If you want to find out more, here is the camp homepage:



   I look forward to seeing some of you there :) Until next time :)

~White Ravens~

No comments:

Post a Comment