Monday 10 June 2013

Poem ~ 'I'm Fine'



A poem helps you let your true words and troubles escape and fly away.

I'm Fine ~ White Ravens:

“I’m fine.”
I stand in front of the mirror each day
“I’m fine.”
I must practise to keep my demons at bay

“I’m fine.”
I pick at the faults as tears threaten to race
“I’m fine.”
I pick at the wounds upon the line on my face

“I’m fine.”
My insides are eternally entwined in the fire
“I’m fine.”
The fire with flames that lick higher and higher

“I’m fine.”
They always burn the edges of that curved line
“I’m fine.”
But my true words remain silenced as they are mine

“I’m fine.”
One day, if I carry on rehearsing and reflect
“I’m fine.”
One day, if I carry on, I’ll eventually get it perfect

“I’m fine.”

I'm Fine © 2013 Rachel Lowson


~White Ravens~



No comments:

Post a Comment