Saturday 5 October 2013

National Poetry Day 2013

   Last Thursday, it was National Poetry Day and to celebrate, I wrote a poem based on this year's theme water.
   Check it out on Movellas too!: My Love From the Water

   My Love From the Water

The
water
gleamed as
I waded in waist-
deep, so cold; so inviting.
The sea, full of mystery, as the
waves pull my feet from its safe bed.
I wash in its  tranquility; wash away all
the pain I’d  been fighting.  The shock of
my head under, I will go where I’m being led.
But then you took the stones from my pockets
and taught me how to float. You were the changing
tide in my life, a breath of sea air to my chest. You took
my body,  empty along the current,  aboard your  boat;
Showing me there is still something in this world that’s
pure and so blessed. The water I had once seen as an
escape was now my saviour, your home. I followed your
rushing river as you chase freedom, wrestling the
flow. We dance in moonlight fractured under the
surface, rampant as we roam; Untouched by
reality’s rain and storms as
I bathe in your glow.

I feel so alive since you brought me back when I was close to the end;
You saved me with a soul so beautiful only angels could send.
My love from the water.

My Love From the Water © 2013 Rachel Lowson

   Hopefully the layout it's in works correctly XD



~White Ravens~
http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/10321725/white-ravens-writing

No comments:

Post a Comment